Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fat Man On Little Motorcycle (March 6, 2010)


This me getting on the little Daylong 125cc motorcycle for our trip into the bush and then through mountain trails to Bandguri (N0.8.33031,E011.24217). These are designed for street use but are used to take people into the bush. This would have been a fun ride if I were driving a dirt bike. (And I was 30 pounds lighter). Being on the back I was able to take pictures and GPS readings as we went. When we first started I was holding on. The people around us were laughing and saying "He doesn't know how to ride." They do not hang on. After we got going and I had confidence in the driver, I rode with the camera in one hand and the GPS in the other.




We started at the west end of Garba Chede (N08.445965, E011.112891) and drove through through farm fields headed to the the valley between the mountains ahead. As we went through the farm fields the road turned to path and the trees on the edges got closer. When we reached the hills the fun started. There were uphills on narrow paths and downhill through streams.









An hour later we reached the village. Pastor Bunduku's driver took a short cut he knew in the town and passed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment